Your UNMC username should you already have it, is your means of access to the university computer network.
Decoding your UNMC UsernameEdit
As you have probably guessed your UNMC username as a meaning on to itself. The alphabets and numbers have certain meanings within them, they aren't random, but meaningful quips to identify. To properly identify the full name of a particular of username, you have a few options:
If you are an outsider, you may email student registry and request for a name look up, or otherwise, if you are a student, you may do a simple lookup using the check user function of your OWA. To do this, log on into OWA and then type a particular name into the address bar (the one with the to:) and resolve it using the the "check user" function. Additionaly you may click on the "to:" and search through the directory for names and emails of every affiliated member of the university.
Your username is made up of a combination of letters and numbers
The first 4 letters denote, campus and course, then the digits [1-2] denote year you enrolled. This is followed by 3 letters, the first 2 that are made up from your initials, and the final third being a random letter, which could come from any letter of your name, should there be a person with a similar name, typically its this letter that is different from that other.
|5th letter||Your first initials|
|6th letter||Your Second initials|
|7th letter||Random letter, most of time taken from your full name, could be the last letter of your name.|
Example, if your username is KSAY5BBN
- then, your name could be Benjamin Buntton, you are in Business School, you enrolled in 2015, class of 2018.
Common Usage of your UNMC UsernameEdit
Once you have completed this network registration you will then have with your UNMC username which you could use for a multitude of purposes. Mostly this is for access to many resources that you will need. Below are some of the more common uses:
- UNMC Email System - also called OWA, or Outlook Web Access
- Moodle (eLearning portal) - shared with UK campus, moodle is the one-stop place academic resource.
- Nottingham Intranet Portal - check exam results, course registration.
- Nottingham Workspace - a wiki like space, often unused in UNMC, mostlk UK resources
- Library Metalib Online Resrouces - A search engine for databases available for research.
- Shibolleth Login - Used on certain database where authorised access is required. See Metalib.